“Don’t make me dig”— A consolidation of product formats (2021)
Designed using Adobe XD
Context and the problem
We have some products on our site with 7-13 different formats — audio downloads, leather covers, paperback, hardcover, etc. How do we make it easier for users to choose the product’s format that they want and purchase it?
- Customers accidentally bought the wrong format of products.
- Users want more of an “Amazon” like experience to choose format options.
- Have format photos change on the same page when users select new format without going to a new page.
Hypothesis 1: Provide buttons displaying all of the formats available on one product
After listening to users we determined that the best route would be to do the following:
- Display multiple format of products on a single page.
- Give users at more of an “Amazon” like experience to choose format options.
- Have format photos change on the same page when users select new format.
Team’s design process plan:
- Step 1: Listened to users.
- Step 2: Format our the design problem to scope the project.
- Step 3: Form a hypothesis of what the users want based on user feedback.
- Step 4: Create lo-fi mock up for review
- Step 5: Review with stakeholders
- Step 6: Create high fidelity interactive mock up
- Step 7: Test mock up with users and user testing
- Step 8: Review findings
- Step 9: Iterate on original design
- Step 10: Review with stakeholders
- Step 11: Go live
- Step 12 (later date): Get feedback on the updated/current/live design
- Step 13 (later date): Assess feedback from users
- Step 15: (later date): iterate on the design